IBM Spectrum Protect/TSM Bootcamp for Administrators
This course is a 3 day instructor-led workshop that teaches you how to administer IBM Spectrum Protect V7/V8. Focus is hands-on expertise with fast ability to deploy after the class is finished. Class is taught in The Netherlands as well as abroad. Language is Dutch or English.
Coursetitle: IBM Spectrum Protect/TSM Bootcamp for Administrators
Duration: 3 day(s)
Price: 1500,-- (ex BTW/VAT)
System Administrators, managing a Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager) V7/V8 environment.
You should have Windows or Linux/Unix system administration skills.
Upon completion students will be able to manage a Spectrum Protect environment; understand/use client and server interfaces; perform, automate and schedule backup and restore operations; manage storage devices; check/monitor backups and logs; protect the TSM database, storage pools and client nodes for DR purposes.
- Spectrum Protect / TSM introduction & overview
- Server and Client interfaces
- Installation and Configuration of the BA-Client and scheduler
- Perform Backup, Archive, Retrieve and Restore functions
- Storage pool & device configuration, device classes and volume management
- Policy management and scheduling
- TSM monitoring and reporting : daily tasks and tools
- TSM Client and Server related troubleshooting: understanding & analyzing logs and error messages
- Protecting the TSM database and storagepools: backup & recovery of the database and storage pools
- Replicating client node data for DR purposes
- Container Storage: Directory & Cloud
- Protecting Virtual Environments (VE)
Coverage of Spectrum Protect additional products is available as separate add-on modules. Please ask quotation.
Details and enrollment via firstname.lastname@example.org .